Late last week, Jill had the pleasure of visiting the Cashiers Designer Showhouse and came away, not only with some fantastic ideas and inspiration, but also enjoyed an all-around wonderful time!
She shared some thoughts on the showhouse and why you should plan a visit very soon:
- It’s a beautiful, scenic drive up to the Cashiers Designer Showhouse
- You get to meet plenty of fun folks, as well as old friends, such as Patricia McLean, who Jill was lucky enough to sit next to on a bus ride* up to Cashiers
- In addition to the showhouse, you’ll also have an opportunity to visit the Zachary Tolbert house
- You’ll be sure to learn something you can incorporate into your home; be it a new color combination or ideas on how to style your cocktail table
- The showhouse is only open until the 30th of this month – so plan a trip soon, it’s an ideal day, or even weekend, getaway!
Here’s a bit of design inspiration Jill found especially exciting…
Mark Williams & Niki Papadopoulos of Mark Williams Design Associates designed bedroom in the Cashier’s Guest House, which featured an amazing metal framed and agate flanked headboard. This space highlighted some very soothing colors, ideal for a guest space.
In this image, Jill found the juxtaposition of abstract art and traditional wallpaper to be exceptional! It was a highlight in the space by Douglas Hilton of DWH Interiors LLC.
This creative headboard by Gretchen Edwards, of Gilstrap Edwards Interior Design, was a fabulous focal point in the Cashier’s Guest House. It offered such a bright and cheery accent to the room.
This amazing green chair was only one example of how C. Weaks Interiors used color expertly on the expansive porch of the showhouse.
Jill so enjoyed this detail of the contrasting tape along the seat and back cushions of this chair in the showhouse space by Cathy Kincaid Interiors.
And there’s so much more to see. We encourage you to make a quick trip of it and check out the Cashiers Designer Showhouse for yourself – you’ll enjoy a refreshing trip to the mountains, as well as plenty of design inspiration for sure!
* Although there aren’t any additional bus trips from ADAC to the Cashiers Designer Showhouse, you can go ahead and make plans to visit the upcoming Serenbe designer showhouse, and take advantage of the bus ride from ADAC – it’s so fun and simple!